AEG Christmas Campaign with Chris Baber Terms and Conditions
AEG Christmas Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this promotion (the “Promotion”) is Electrolux PLC of Addington Way, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 9QQ (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 or over by Wednesday 9th December 2020, excluding employees or family members of the Promoter, its agents or contractors or any other person whom, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded as a result of their involvement or connection with the Promoter or this Promotion. Entrants must have an Instagram account to enter.
3. The prizes associated with this Promotion (the “Prizes”) is:
a. One 2 hour (max) virtual Zoom ‘cookalong’ with Chris Baber including a £100 (per family) contribution for ingredients required and an AEG SteamBake oven – x1 oven per winning family ,x2 ovens in total. Entrants must be available for the virtual cookalong Thursday 7th January 2021 1730-2000 GMT.
Entrants will need access to Zoom and a working mic and camera and will be responsible for purchasing the ingredients advised to them by the Promoter. The Promoter shall not be responsible for installing the AEG SteamBake Oven prize.
4. In order to enter this Promotion, entrants must; (a) publish a photo or video of their family / household to their Instagram feed, documenting their new ritual for Christmas 2020; (b) tag @AEG.UK and (c) use the hashtag #AEGNewRituals (the ‘Entry Post’). Once all three entry requirements have been fulfilled, you will be entered into the Promotion.
5. All entrants must agree (and must procure the agreement of any family/household members featured in the entry post) to potentially to be selected for inclusion in a brand video , to be posted on AEG.UK Instagram channel in accordance with clause 15(i) of these Terms and Conditions. Should an entrant’s content be selected to feature in the brand video, the Promotor will confirm this via direct message on Instagram beforehand.
6. This Promotion closes at 12:00 local time in the United Kingdom on Friday 25th December 2020 (the “Close of the Promotion”). All entries to this Promotion must be posted no later than the Close of the Promotion. Any entries posted after the Close of the Promotion shall be void.
7. One (1) entrant (the “Winner”) will be selected from all valid entries received by the Close of the Promotion under the supervision of an independent person. The winning Entry Post will be chosen at random using an online generator. Entrants will be able to select one other family (of a maximum of 4 people) of their choice who they would like to share the Zoom cookalong Prize with. The family who is invited to join will also receive a £100 contribution towards ingredients and an AEG SteamBake Oven.
8. The Winner will be notified by the Promoter or a third party on behalf of the Promoter via private message on Instagram within 72 hours of the Close of the Promotion. If the Winner does not respond within 24 hours of being notified of their win, their Prize shall be forfeited and a replacement Winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 above. Due to the nature of Instagram, it is acknowledged by entrants that it will not be possible for the Promoter to see entries or to contact entrants by private message if their Instagram account is set to ‘private’. Should a Winner be uncontactable because their account is set to private, their Prize shall be forfeited and a replacement Winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 and 7. A Winner will be selected in accordance with clause 7, 8 and clause 9 until the Prize is conclusively awarded.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, both on their behalf and on behalf of any third party involved in the administration of the Promotion, to validate any claim made by the Winner and may ask for proof of identity and/or age and/or address. Failure to provide any documentation requested within 7 days of request shall result in the entry of the Winner immediately becoming void. In this case, the Prize shall be forfeited and a different Winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 above. A Winner will be selected in accordance with clauses 7, 8 and 9 until the Prize is conclusively awarded.
10. The Cookalong (‘Prize’) shall be delivered to the Winner on Thursday 7th January 2021 - to be delivered virtually. The Promoter is not responsible for any issues associated with the Winner’s failure to claim of the Prize. The Winner agrees to their name and social media handle being posted by the Promoters and its commercial partners on Instagram to congratulate them on their win, should the Promoters wish to do so. Public announcement shall not be used as the means to notify the Winner of the fact that they have won the Prize.
11. The Prizes carries no cash value, is non-transferable, is subject to availability and may not be substituted by the Winner. The Promoter reserves their right to substitute any Prize with prize of equal or greater value than the relevant Prizes.
12. This Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary to enter.
14. Entrants that do not have an account on Instagram will need to create one in order to participate in this Promotion. Instagram accounts are free to create at www.instagram.com. Any entries submitted via any other means will not be accepted. Entrants confirm that their Instagram account does not contain material that is (a) obscene, defamatory, offensive, embarrassing, violent, harassing, threatening, false, illegal or misleading; (b) may cause alarm, upset or distress; or (c) is otherwise unlawful. Internet access is required.
15. By submitting an entry:
a. entrants grant the Promoter:
i. permission for their entry post to the Promotion and any images, videos or other content contained within such post (collectively, the “Entry Post”) to be published on the website and social media channels of the Promoters and their commercial partners, and entrants grant the Promoters a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, re-publish, edit and/or modify the Entry Post in any/all media for purposes connected with the Promotion and as described in these Terms and Conditions. Furthermore, the entrant procures the waiver of moral rights in the Entry Post to which the entrant and/or their child is now or may at any future time be entitled under Chapter IV of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction, including (but without limitation) the right to be identified, the right of integrity and the right against false attribution, and agrees not to institute, support, maintain or permit any action or claim to the effect that any treatment, exploitation or use of such Entry Post or other materials infringes the entrant’s moral rights. To the extent that any third parties are featured in the Entry Post, the entrant shall procure the foregoing waiver from such third parties. Notwithstanding this, the entrant shall retain ownership of their Entry Post; and
ii. the right to use their name and social media handle (as featured on the social media platform on which their entry is posted) for the sole purpose of identifying the entrant as the author of the Entry Post.
b. entrants warrant that:
i. they are the parent or guardian of the child featured in the Entry Post;
ii. they have the permission (or give permission as the parent of the child) to refer to and/or feature their child and/or any third parties contained or referred to in the Entry Post and such third parties agree that the Entry Post may be used by the Promoter in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
iii. the Entry Post is their own work and does not contain content that: (a) is an infringement of any third party intellectual property or contains any third party material/content that the entrant does not have both (i) permission to use in the Entry Post; and (ii) authority on behalf of the relevant third party to grant to the Promoters all of the rights required by the Promoter as set out in these Terms and Conditions; (b) contains any trademarks; (c) is private or confidential; (d) shows, encourages or condones inappropriate or dangerous behaviour; (e) is obscene, defamatory, anti-religious, homophobic, distasteful, offensive, embarrassing, violent, bullying, harassing, threatening, explicit, false, illegal or misleading; (f) is in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by the entrant to third parties; (f) may cause alarm, upset or distress; or (g) is otherwise unlawful. Any Entry Posts suspected of violating the above rules will be disqualified from the Promotion.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Promoter shall be entitled to disqualify any entries (i) if, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, the entry contains any unacceptable content to the Promoters; or (ii) if the Promoter reasonably believes that, notwithstanding the entrant’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, a breach of these Terms and Conditions has or is likely to have occurred.
16. Entries that are not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant(s) that it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the Promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour or and to disqualify any entry which the Promoters believes is fraudulent Furthermore, the Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or entry if, in its reasonable opinion, the Promoter believes that the entrant or entry may bring the Promoters, its brand or the Promotion into disrepute. The Promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
17. Entries must be made personally by the entrant and any entries made through agents/third parties, organised groups, automatically generated by a computer or any entry duplication method shall be invalid and will not be accepted. Multiple entries from a single IP address will not be valid. Entrants are responsible for the cost (if any) of their entry. Entries are limited to one per person.
18. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, delayed or rendered invalid due to incorrect entrant data, lack of network coverage, system, software or hardware failure or for any other reason whatsoever. All such entries will be void.
19. Proof of posting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of such entry by the Promoter and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt, incomplete receipt or the late receipt of an entry for any reason whatsoever or for any associated costs to entrants. The Promoter does not guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to any entry route to this Promotion and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for issues of any nature encountered by entrants associated with their entry into this Promotion.
21. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into.
22. The Promoter, its agents and commercial partners exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability for (a) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance or possession of any Prize (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded); (b) the accuracy or otherwise of any description or illustration of any Prize; (c) any loss, damage, non-availability or late receipt of any Prize or any communication associated with this Promotion; and (d) any fees, charges, taxes or other costs which any Winner may be required to pay in connection with any Prize. The Promoters further disclaims liability for any injury or damage suffered by the entrant or any other person relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of their obligations under these Terms and Conditions in the event of any unforeseen cause beyond its control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or temporarily suspend this Promotion and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, in its absolute discretion, without prior notice, if the Promoters considers it necessary to do so.
24. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this Promotion. By entering this Promotion, entrants hereby agree to release Instagram from any and all liability whatsoever (except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law).
25. These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Promoter and each entrant irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.