- What is the ionization function in the air purifier?
- AEG AX9 series air purifiers
- AEG AX7 series air purifiers
- AEG PURE 7000 series air purifiers
- Ionizers produce negatively or positively charged particles (negative or positive ions) using electricity. The AX7, AX9 and PURE 7000 series models are equipped with an ionizer that produces negative ions. The air purifier pushes out these negatively charged ions into the room, that then attach themselves to oppositely charged particles in the air - such as dust, bacteria, viruses, pollen, smoke, or other allergens - making them bigger, heavier particles that either attach themselves to surfaces including the ground OR are captured by the filters of the air purifier on the subsequent run(s), thereby eliminating them from airborne circulation.