- Where does indoor particle pollution come from?
- Where does outdoor particle pollution come from?
- Air purifiers
1. Sources of particle pollution at home can include:
- Burning wood or coal in an open hearth or a poorly vented cooker
- Roasting meat or vegetables in the oven
- Frying food
- Using a gas hob
- Burning candles or incense
2. Sources of external air pollution may include:
- Emissions from vehicles
- Burning fossil fuels
- Dust from agriculture and open land
- Industrial activities, including mining and construction work
- Smoke from waste burning, forest and wildfires
Was this article helpful?