Integrated Gas Hob
Integrated Electric Hob
Please check the following in advance of your installation date. If you have any concerns or questions, please call us to support you further with this.
If you need to double check the details of your appliance again, please visit the appliance’s page on our website and select the ‘full specification’ tab.
If you are not having your appliance installed by AEG, it is essential the installer is qualified to install gas and electrical appliances.
1. Your new appliance fits the cut out dimensions of your existing counter. Please not only consider the surface area, but also the recess the appliance will need to fit into. Please be aware our installers cannot cut or adjust your kitchen furniture.
2. If moving from gas to electric, a mains supply is provided and has been checked by a qualified electrician and gas connections will need to be capped off by a certified gas engineer.
3. If changing from gas or electric to induction, it is worthwhile checking that the power to your kitchen will not be affected by the introduction of an induction hob, Induction is a very efficient technology but can draw a lot of electricity when using power boost programmes. Insufficient power will result in limited functionality of the appliance.
4. The 'total electrical loading' of the appliance will need to be considered. If it is greater than the total electrical load of your current appliance it could be the case a qualified electrician is needed to check this for you and prepare the connection in advance of the installation visit. The total electric loading can be found again on our website under 'full specifications'.
5. Also if this is your first induction hob, the appliance may be deeper than your existing electric hob. If you have a shallow worktop, there will need to be space underneath the hob.
6. If your hob is being installed above a storage cupboard or drawers, a protection panel must be fitted to protect whats below from any heat that is generated by the hob. This panel needs to be easy to remove for future troubleshooting and repairs.