- The hot plate cooks slowly
- Too long cooking time
- electric hobs / cookers
- induction hobs / cookers
- gas hobs / cookers
1. Measure the cooking time as follows:
- Use a steel saucepan that fits perfectly in the cooking zone.
- Make sure that the bottom of the saucepan is even by pressing a ruler to the base.
- Pour 1 l of water into the saucepan and put the lid on.
- Place the saucepan in the cooking zone. Set to the highest setting.
- Compare the table with the cooking times below:
Note: The time at which steam starts escaping from under the lid.
The time for heating up 1 l of water to approx. 100 °C
Energy consumption for heating up 1 l of water to approx. 100 °C
The temperature of the ambient surface when heating up 1 l of water to approx. 100 °C
3 - 4 min.
Approx. 134 Wh
4 - 5 min.
Approx. 178 Wh
7 - 8 min.
Approx. 241 Wh
7 - 8 min.
Approx. 258 Wh
2. (Induction hobs) Pan type and construction can affect heating times. We recommend using pans with a thick, flat solid base. Pans with a thin base or grid-style bases will work but with limitations.
3. If the times vary distinctly, contact an Authorised Service Center.