- SaphirMatt Hob with scratch-resistant surface-cleaning instructions
- Can I use a glass ceramic cleaner for the SaphirMatt hob?
- Which cleaner can I use for the hob with the matt surface?
- Can I use a glass ceramic scraper on the SaphirMatt hob?
- How to clean the black frame of the hob?
- AEG hobs with SaphirMatt surface (scratch-resistant ceramic glass)
Cleaning the glass surface of the hob
The SaphirMatt surface can be cleaned quickly and easily. Please note the following information:
1. Let the hob cool down before cleaning
EXCEPTION: remove immediately melted plastic, plastic foil, salt, sugar and food with sugar, otherwise, the dirt can cause damage to the hob.
Take care to avoid burns. Use a special hob scraper on the glass surface at an acute angle and move the blade on the surface
Note: Always use a scraper recommended for hobs with a glass surface.
Use the scraper only as an additional tool for cleaning the glass after the standard cleaning procedure.
2. Remove when the hob is sufficiently cool: limescale rings, water rings, fat stains, and shiny metallic discoloration.
Clean the hob with mildly abrasive cleaning milk and an anti-scratch, delicate sponge.
NOTE: Strongly abrasive sponges, for example, yellow-green or yellow-black sponges, are NOT suitable!
After cleaning, wipe the hob dry with a microfibre cloth.
3. Persistent marks and stains: apply moderate pressure and scrub the surface with an anti-scratch, delicate sponge and a mildly abrasive
cleaning milk until the stains are no longer visible.
Depending on the degree of soiling, clean the glass surface with small circular movements and moderate pressure.
Wipe the glass surface dry with a microfibre cloth.
Cleaning the Frame
Depending on the model, the hob is equipped with a Matt Black frame on the side.
Only clean the metal frame with a damp cloth, dishwashing liquid, and warm water.
Do not use: cleaning milk, polishing agents, glass scrapers, or the rough side of a sponge.
Dirt, such as crumbs and grains of salt, can accumulate in the gap between the glass surface and the side frame - It is best to clean the gap with a wooden toothpick.
Do not use sharp-edged knives or metal objects for cleaning - this could damage the frame.