Revolutionise your cooking game with the Sous Vide function on your AEG steam oven. This cooking method seals in moisture, aroma, nutrients and flavour – creating professional-like results. Since the food self-braises in vacuum sealed bags, this cooking method intensifies the flavours of whatever you’re preparing and virtually eliminates the risk of overcooking. You will find this feature on AEG SteamPro oven models.
Sous vide is often associated with meat, but you can sous vide seafood, poultry, veggies and potatoes too. You can even sous vide eggs for perfectly set whites and runny yolks.
What you’ll need
Except for your ProSteam oven, you’ll need sous vide bags and a vacuum sealer.
Sous vide bags
The vacuum sealer bags by AEG are designed to be recycled and are made from more recyclable plastic material than previous models*, find them here. They are also produced with up to 40% less CO2 emissions than before**. The bags are compatible with sous vide ovens, vacuum sealers and vacuum sealer drawers.
Remember to recycle the vacuum bag after cooking. After using the vacuum sealer bag, remove all food residue from inside the bag to avoid any contamination in the recycling bin. Thereafter, you can throw the bag in the plastic recycling bin.
*The bag is made of NEXT FLEX MP0X (Format>A4) that is recyclable according to EN 13430 (equal to DIN EN 13430)
**According to a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) performed by AEG
To seal the sous vide bags, you’ll need a vacuum sealer. There are desktop versions and built-in drawers. The desktop sealer will take you a long way to get you started experimenting with sous vide cooking with minimal effort. Our vacuum sealers are flexible and easy to use.
If you want to take your sous vide cooking to the next level, you can equip your kitchen with a built-in vacuum sealer drawer, for a smooth cooking process and a luxurious feel. Explore our built-in vacuum sealer drawers.
How to use the Sous Vide function
1. Fill up the water drawer to the maximum level as indicated and push it back into position
2. Place your food inside a sous vide bag and vacuum seal it. Put the bag on the grid, on the third shelf, in the oven
3. Select the Sous Vide function on your SteamPro® oven
4. Set cooking time
5. Set temperature
6. Press START
Tips and tricks
- We recommend searing red meat briefly in a pan or on the barbecue after using the Sous Vide function. It will give the meat a crispy surface
- When cooking several pieces of poultry or fish in one bag, position them side by side, and not on top of each other, to ensure that they are properly cooked
- Meal prep by freezing vacuum-sealed food: take the plastic bags straight from the freezer to the oven when using the Sous Vide function
For more information about your specific oven model, check the user manual. You can find your user manual here.
Now that you have learned about sous vide cooking, click here to learn more on how to cook with steam.