- The inside of the freezer is too warm
- The freezer does not cool or freeze
- The freezer has no freezing capacity
- Water runs out of the bottom of the freezer
- Built-in freezers
- Freestanding freezers
We understand that it can be frustrating that your freezer is no longer cooling. We have a number of troubleshooting steps that you can take to attempt to get the freezer back to the correct temperature.
- When using for the first time: After transporting the appliance, let it stand for approx. 4 - 8 hours before switching it on. Once it has been switched on it will take some time (a couple of hours) to get to the temperature.
- Make sure you have set the correct temperature.
- The ideal storage temperature is -18 °C.
- The temperature setting may differ depending on the model. Refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance
- Use the Frostmatic / FastCool function if your device is equipped with it. Instructions can be found in the user manual. With the Frostmatic, the temperature is quickly lowered for a certain period of time.
- Check the seal on the freezer. Make sure this is clean and not damaged as this will impact the cooling in the freezer. You can clean the seal with a damp cloth to remove any dirt on the seal.
- Make sure there is room for air to move around the freezer cavity. If there is no room for the air to circulate this will impede the cooling.
- If you have tried all of these troubleshooting options we would suggest getting in touch with an authorised service engineer to come and look at the appliance.
If you found the information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, please leave a thumbs down and comment on how you feel the article could be improved by one of our team. Please be aware that our team are continuously reviewing and editing articles so constructive feedback is very useful.