- How to change the water filter in my fridge freezer?
- The message REPLACE WATER FILTER is lit on the fridge freezer display
- side by side fridge freezer (with filter located inside)
1. The water filter is located at the top right side of the fresh food compartment.
2. Turn off the ice maker by pressing and holding the Ice Maker button on the display until no longer illuminated
3. Push down on the front edge of the filter cover. Cover will tilt down and expose water filter
4. Remove the old filter by rotating it counter-clockwise (to the left) 90 degrees to release it.
5. Slide the old filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
6. Unpackage the new filter cartridge. Slide it into the filter housing as far as it will go with the grip end horizontal.
7. Push lightly inward on the filter while rotating it clockwise (to the right). The filter will then pull itself inward as it is rotated. Rotate the filter 90 degrees until it stops, and the grip end is vertical. A very light click may be heard as the filter locks into place.
8. Press a drinking glass against the water dispenser while checking for any leaks at the filter housing. Any spurts and sputters that occur as the system purges air out of the dispenser system are normal.
9. Continue dispensing water for 3-4 minutes. It may be necessary to empty and refill the container several times.
10. Turn on the ice maker by pressing and holding the Ice Maker button on the display until it is illuminated.
11. Press and hold the Reset Water Filter button on the display for three seconds. When the indicator is no longer illuminated, the water filter status has been reset.
11. Replace filter cover by pushing up and snapping into place.
- Change the water filter every six months to ensure the highest possible water quality.
- "Replace Water Filter" on the display indicates when to replace the filter after a standard amount of water (473 litres) has flowed through the system