- How to install correctly my refrigerator / freezer / fridge freezer?
- Fridge installation
- Fridge freezers
1. Follow the installation instruction supplied with the appliance. Alternatively, these can be found below by following the find your user manual link
We have help videos for the installation of our built-in appliances:
How to install your Electrolux appliance
How to install your AEG appliance
Ensure that the ventilation guidelines are followed as detailed in the user manual. Head to this page for more general information.
2. Wait at least 4 hours before connecting the appliance to the power supply
This is to allow the oil to flow back into the compressor.
3. Install the appliance in an area with the correct ambient temperature
Watch for; direct sunlight, radiators, freestanding cookers, and using the appliance in a garage or outhouse.
4. Make sure the appliance is level
Using a spirit level and adjustable feet ensures the appliance is level both horizontally and vertically.
5. Remove the door spacer from the gasket
Leaving the door spacer causes the door to be closed incorrectly.
6. Start the appliance (in the middle setting) empty for 8 hours before the first loading.
This will help it get to the temperature before the food is added.
7. Load and enjoy using your new appliance.
If you found the information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, please leave a thumbs down and comment on how you feel the article could be improved by one of our team. Please be aware that our team are continuously reviewing and editing articles so constructive feedback is very useful.