- The fridge compressor operates continuously
- Fridge freezer
1. Set a higher temperature.
Keep your fridge temperature set at or below 4°C and your freezer set at -19°C (or -18°C, depending on your model).
2. Check whether the door is closed properly and avoid leaving the door open for a long time.
3. Let the food temperature decrease to room temperature before storage.
4. Check whether the ambient temperature is too high relative to the climate class on the rating plate.
Too high ambient temperature may cause insufficient cooling. The higher the ambient temperature, the longer the compressor will run.
5. Check that the appliance has been installed with adequate ventilation.
You can find the ventilation requirements in your user manual or installation guide.
Download user manual.
- Temperature is set incorrectly.
- Many food products were put in at the same time.
- Food products placed in the appliance were too warm.
- The room temperature is too high.
- The door is not closed correctly.
- The door has been opened too frequently.
- The compressor on a refrigerator or a freezer can run for approx. 45 minutes per hour. Electronically controlled compressors run continuously, but with changed intensity, as needed. This is normal and not a malfunction
Was this article helpful?