- An alarm is visible on the panel
- Red light flashes on the display
- The display shows a flashing triangle
- Fridge emits an emergency alarm sound or beeps
- Inadequate cooling, not cooling enough, temperature too high in the fridge
When there is a temperature increase in the compartment (for example due to an earlier power failure), the alarm and temperature indicators flash and the sound is on.
To deactivate the alarm:
1. Press any button. The sound will switch off.
2. If your appliance is equipped with a display, the temperature indicator shows the highest temperature that it reached for a few seconds and then the display shows the set temperature again.
Door open alarm:
If the fridge door is left open for approximately 2-5 minutes, the sound is on and the alarm indicator flashes. The alarm stops after closing the door. During the alarm, the sound can be muted by pressing any button.
If you do not press any button, the sound switches off automatically after around one hour to avoid disturbing you.
The temperature is not set correctly
Set a higher/lower temperature. Fridges should sit between 4-5ºC and Freezers should be at -18ºC
The door is not closed correctly
Ensure nothing is blocking the door and the door gaskets are clean/do not need replacing. Click here for more help on closing your fridge door
The food products' temperature is too high
Let the food product's temperature decrease to room temperature before storage. Never put hot food in your fridge or freezer as it will change the temperature of the items around it.
Many food products are stored at the same time
Store fewer food products at the same time, too many at once will lower the overall temperature of your fridge/freezer. (See Coolmatic/Frostmatic functions in your manual for safely storing large amounts of warmer foods)
The thickness of the frost is greater than 4-5 mm
Defrost the appliance. Click Here for help defrosting your appliance.
The door has been opened often
Open the door only if necessary. The alarm will sound if the door is left open for more than a few minutes.
The Frostmatic/Super Freeze function is switched on
Frostmatic/Super Freeze function is running. You can cancel Frostmatic by pressing and holding the freezer temperature setting button for three seconds.
The Coolmatic/Super Cool function is switched on
Coolmatic/ Super Cool function is running. Press and hold the fridge temperature setting button or Coolmatic button
There is no cold air circulation in the appliance
Make sure that there is cold air circulation in the appliance. This can be achieved by ensuring your fridge is not overfull. If there is still no cold air circulation, you may need to call a service engineer.
See our helpful video guides
Fridge & Freezer How Tos & FAQs
Tips for saving energy at home when using your fridge and freezer
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your fridge and freezer
- Keep to the recommended temperatures. 4 degrees for the fridge and -18 for the freezer. This secures an ideal balance between keeping food fresh and using the minimum amount of energy
- Avoid putting warm food in the fridge. This makes the fridge work harder to cool down – using more energy
- Don’t keep the door open for too long when deciding what to eat. This allows for the temperature to increase
See other helpful tips to save energy and money