- The dishwasher detergent dispenser does not fully open
- The dishwasher detergent dispenser does not open at all during the programme
- freestanding dishwasher
- integrated dishwasher
It is normal for the detergent dispenser not to open fully during the programme
- The detergent dispenser opens during the washing programme, but it is stopped by the upper basket in the dishwasher.
If the dishwasher detergent dispenser does not open at all during the programme, follow the steps below:
- Ensure to not place cookware in front of the detergent dispenser.
- Make sure that there is nothing that may block the dispenser lid or opening, such as an air freshener, tall plates, etc.
- Check if the seal is sitting correctly - if the seal is out of position or has been repositioned, this can cause the dispenser flap to remain stuck.
- Check and clear the lock of the dispenser to see if there is any possible residue that may be securing it during the cycle.
- Test the dishwasher by running an empty cycle and see if the dispenser opens
If the above does not assist, the appliance may require a service visit. In the meantime, if you use tablets we would recommend placing them on the cutlery basket.