- Unpleasant smell coming out of the dishwasher
- My dishwasher smells
- Integrated dishwashers
- Freestanding dishwashers
1. Remove all food particles residing on the dishes before loading them into the dishwasher.
2. Use Prewash cycle (if available).
Ensure that the correct wash cycle is used for optimum use and cleaning results
3. Clean out filters with warm water and cloth
You can find information on cleaning and maintenance in the user manual. Download user manual.
4. Ensure that the drainage pipe is not blocked or that the household plumbing is not affected.
5. Use monthly a specific cleaning product for dishwashers.
Follow carefully the instructions on the packaging of the product.
We recommend specialized detergents available from our Webshop.
- Dishwashers do build up grease and soil residue and require regular cleaning. A de-greaser and or cleaner de-scaler product is a good regular item to use but also a good wipe out once a week is important. In particular pay attention to around the seal and door edge, and in areas where the wash water doesn't reach, such as behind baskets and runners. Also, remember to ensure the dishwasher filters are cleaned regularly
- It is also very important that the drain, drain spigot and drain hose are clear and free draining. The appliance needs to remove the soiled water quickly and effectively from the dishwasher to ensure no redepositing of dirt and grease. If the drain is restricted this is not possible and as well as poor cleaning results, bad odours will result.