- The drying cycle of washer - dryer takes too long
- The drying cycle of washer - dryer takes too short
- Washer dryer not drying, poor drying results in the washer dryer
Our current range of Washer Dryers have both Sensor and Timed settings on them, so choosing the correct programme for your drying is important.
If you find your drying programme switching off after a few minutes of the cycle or taking too long to complete it might be useful to check the following:
Timed Drying or Automatic Drying
If you are finishing off clothes in the dryer that have been dried on a clothesline or on a clothes horse or if the load is very small we recommend you use Timed Drying.
- The Timed Drying option is found on the control panel.
- When you select the drying programme and press the Time Drying button, it will display 10 minutes in the display, each time you press the Time Drying button the duration will increase by 10 minutes. When the duration you want is displayed press Start.
- The tumble dryer will now dry for the amount of time you have selected.
- If the dryer does not allow you to choose the Time Drying for the programme selected, that means that Timed Drying is not available for that fabric type (refer to your user manual for programme overview).
Automatic Drying Programs are great when you are tumble drying clothes that have not been partially dried but have been washed and going to be dried on the drying program straight away.
- Choose the fabric type and select how dry you want the clothes at the end of the program with the Dryness Level button.
- On some models you will choose the drying program on the dial (Cottons Dry or Synthetics Dry), then press the Auto Dry button, to select how dry you want the clothes at the end of the program.
- The Automatic Drying programs will allow you to choose Extra Dry, Cupboard Dry or Iron Dry. Extra Dry is the driest and Iron Dry is slightly damp at the end to make ironing easier.
For Automatic Drying remember the following:
- Ensure that you have the correct size load in the tumble dryer for the program (the maximum load per cycle can be found in the user manual). The maximum load for the drying programme is always smaller than for the washing programme.
- Choose the Dryness required for each load, for example, Cottons Extra Dry is great for items that you want very dry after the drying cycle. Cottons Iron dry will be suitable for items you wish to iron after tumble drying and will not be quite as dry as the Extra or Cupboard dry programs.
- When you choose Automatic Drying the duration of the drying program will appear in the display, this can change during the drying program as the tumble dryer will use sensors to dry the clothes correctly without overdrying.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.