- Dirt and grime build up in the rubber seal of the washing machine
- Washing machine smells
- Washing machine - how to clean?
- Washing machines
- Washer dryers
1. Run a 90/95°C maintenance wash cycle once a month or more frequently if your washing machine has very regular use.
2. Use a sodium carbonate product on the drum and into the door seal
WARNING: Sodium carbonate irritates the skin, please wear gloves and take extra care
We recommend regular maintenance cleaning using a dedicated washing machine cleaner to prevent build-up. Please visit our webshop for recommended cleaning solutions.
If cleaning does not remove the mould build up in the door seal, new replacements are available also in our webshop.
AEG - Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer How Tos & FAQs
- Washing at low temperatures, 40°C or less, can create a build-up of enzyme-based detergents leaving the mould in the door seal, pipes and drum. This could lead to greasy deposits and leave grey streaks on your laundry.