- The door of my washing machine does not close properly
- The washing machine door cannot close completely, the programme does not start
- Front loading washing machine
1. Make sure the appliance is levelled. Loosen or tighten the feet to adjust the level.
The door can be difficult to close if the machine is not level.
2. Make sure that the washing machine is not overloaded.
If there are too many clothes in the washing machine (overload), the clothes may push so hard on the door that it cannot be closed completely.
Remove some clothes from the drum, close the door and restart the programme.
3. Check whether any laundry is caught between the door seal and door glass.
When clothes are trapped between the door seal and glass the door will not close properly and can cause leakage.
If the above did not solve the problem, we recommend you to book a repair
- washing machine not levelled
- too many garments/overloading
- laundry caught between the door seal and door glass
- broken doorlock - service visit recommended