- Washing machine displays warning code EF0, EFO, EF3 or emits 15 beeps / 15 flashes
- Water leak detected (EF3) , automatic safety mode activated
- Washing machines
EF0 or EF3 warning message on the display can have several causes.
If you identify one of the below points as the cause of the warning, the message disappears automatically at the end of the program or when the next program is restarted
1. Using too much detergent may cause excessive foaming
Switch off the appliance and allow it to stand for a few hours until the foam subsides and then try the appliance again.
2. Clean the dispenser drawer
If the dispenser drawer or the sprinkler plate over the drawer is very dirty or covered in limescale, the water may flow out and cause the problem.
Clean the dispenser drawer in accordance with the user manual and try the appliance again. Download user manual.
3. Check for laundry caught in the machine.
Clothing caught between the door seal and the glass can cause the door leak and allow water to run down the front and down into the bottom tray.
- Disconnect the appliance from the water and power supplies and then place a towel behind the washing machine on the floor.
- Tilt the appliance backwards a little, so that there is around 10–15 cm between the floor and the kickboard on the front.
- Hold the appliance in position for about 30–40 seconds to allow the water in the bottom tray flow out onto the towel.
- Lower the appliance to the floor and reconnect it.
- Check the water supply and drainage.
- Check if the filters in the inlet hose and water valve are clean (where the inlet hose is screwed onto the appliance and at the water tap).
- Start a wash cycle and see whether the problem has been resolved.
If the error occurs again, the machine should be inspected by a service technician
4. Check for leaks at the bottom – fluff filter.
- Remove the filter and clean it according to the user manual.
- Check whether the filter is damaged. If the filter is intact, refit it and tighten it firmly by hand.
5. Check the water supply hose for a possible leak (EF3 - Aqua-Control system warning)
Any leak in the hose can cause the water to flow out into the machine next to the back panel, so check the connection of the water supply hose to the tap and machine.
If this is the cause, the machine should be tipped as shown under “Check for laundry caught in the machine” so that the machine can start again.
6. Check the door seal.
The error may be caused by the machine’s door seal leaking. Verify it by opening the door and examining the door seal.
The seal should not be damaged, cracked or have holes. If the door seal is faulty, it must be replaced by a service engineer. Do not use the machine until it has been repaired.
Turn off the water supply to the machine.
7. Contact an Authorized Service Center.
If the above advice does not resolve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Was this article helpful?