Blockages - Steam arm - no froth, no water or no steam generated
Freestanding coffee machines with steam arm.
- Consumer to remove the steam wand from below the rubber holder and run some air and water through
- Find the small pin-sized hole on the side of the steam arm and ensure this is clear.
- If not, clear the blockage in the air hole with a pin
- Ensure steam light is illuminated and steady when you require steam from the steam arm
- When water is required – ensure the steam light is not illuminated – only the coffee dosage button(s) should be lit
- If the appliance has not been descaled – the consumer must descale the appliance
- The steam arm is require that after every use, is to be wiped and for the steam dial to be rotated to send steam through for a few seconds to keep the tube hygienic and prevent blockages occurring – this process is called ‘purging’
Was this article helpful?