- 200 g softened unsalted butter
- 200 g white caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 400 g plain flour
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Nuts – we’ve used pistachios
- Your choice of topping EG edible glitter, rose petals, sugar balls etc
1. In a stand mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until well mixed and just creamy in texture.
2. Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the flour gradually and mix on a low speed until a dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball in floured hands, wrap in cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and then roll out to around 3mm thick. Cut, by hand or with biscuit cutters, using any shape you’d like. Transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
4. Heat the oven to 170°C using the true fan setting.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown at the edges. Remove from the oven and gently place the biscuits on a wire rack to cool.
6. Time to decorate! Melt white and dark chocolate and decorate by dipping or piping and sprinkle with your choice of toppings. We’ve used ground pistachios and orange zest for a Christmas touch.