Sustainability at AEG
REDEFINING A BETTER TOMORROW
Climate neutral operations by 2030
Our mission is to be the preferred partner for your project, providing you with best-in-class, innovative solutions and services. We succeed by offering strong global brands and dedicated teams of experts with local market and cultural understanding. Our track record shows that Electrolux Group has a long history in being a leading supplier to the project business in many markets across the globe.
Reduction in both our total CO2 emissions in operations and water use in water risk areas compared to 2020.
Our most energy and water efficient products accounted for 19% of total units sold and 31% of gross profit in 2021.
Young people from across the world were surveyed on sustainable living. Their insights will shape future innovation.
Reduction in our Scope 1 and 2 CO2 emission since 2015 as me move towards our -80% goal for 2025.
*Results from the Electrolux Group Sustainability Report 2021, see below for more details.
How we're taking action
Our focus is on reducing our environmental footprint. That’s why we’re optimising the use of energy and other resources throughout our operations, as well as shifting to renewables.
The case for action
We aim to run resource-efficient operations as an integral part of our work by applying industry-leading practices. This reflects our values and what we stand for as a company – being part of the solution is important for both our employees and consumers.
+8,600 metric tons of recycled plastics used in 2021 Products (Up From 400 in 2020)
Our ambition is to move towards systems that are more circular to ensure the maximum value from resources by recovering & reusing materials at the end of each product life. That’s why we increased the percentage of recycled plastic in our appliances, while decreasing volumes of total sourced plastic.
How we're taking action
Our ambition is to contribute to the circular economy. We’ll achieve this by integrating recycled materials into our product platforms, promoting recyclability, using more sustainable packaging solutions, increasing the availability of spare parts to repair our products, and developing circular business solutions.
The case for action
Increasing the amount of high-quality recycled materials in our products can make an important contribution to combating climate change. By sourcing scrap-based steel, we can make a significant reduction in our CO2 footprint from materials. Emissions can also be reduced by extending the useful lifetime of our products.
This can be achieved through promoting more circular business models or providing aftermarket services that ultimately make better use of resources.
- In 2021, we were recognised for our sustainability leadership with a prestigious 'Double A' score for climate and water and as a Supplier Engagment Leader by the global non-profit CDP.
- As of November 2021, Electrolux recieved an overall ESG Risk Ratings score of 17.0 and is considered by Sustainalytics, to be at low risk of experiencing financial impacts from ESG factors.
- As of 2021, Electrolux recieved an MSCI ESG Rating of AA.
- For the rest of the awards please find information here.
A taste of the future
We expand the world of taste with innovations that redefine the way you cook, so you can raise your standards and achieve perfect results every time — healthily and responsibly.
Why settle for just fresh
Our fridge freezers with TwinTech® technology use a double cooling system to make sure humidity and temperature levels are always ideal for both the fridge and freezer separately. This ensures optimised food preservation, allowing groceries to stay fresher for longer. And thereby, reducing food waste.
Alongside this, the NoFrost technology in our cooling appliances makes defrosting is a thing of the past, all while saving energy.
Perfect your greens
Steam cooking is one of the best ways to seal in flavour, help eliminate the need to cook with extra fats and oils and is one of the best ways to preserve the nutrients in your food. AEG steam cooking technology assures your dishes are cooked at a constant temperature, and that they do not dry out, or worse burn. So, you easily get the healthy and delectable meals you want.
With a range of intelligent sensors built into AEG induction hobs, saving energy is easier than ever before. The smart SenseBoil® technology controls the boiling of water and reduces temperatures to prevent overspilling. SenseFry® maintains precise temperature and prevents burning, and SensePro® hobs have a wireless probe which identifies temperatures to the exact degree and communicates heat adjustments to the hob - all reducing energy consumption and costs.
Dressing for the long term
We create solutions that redefine what you expect from clothing care. With innovative, responsible technologies and rewarding experiences, you can forget outdated rules and keep your clothes looking like new, for longer.
Soft water, strong colours
The SoftWater technology in our AEG 9000 washing machines purifies and softens the water by filtering out unwanted substances like calcium and magnesium before it gets into the drum, so that detergents work optimally even at low temperatures.
This means that washing cycles can also be carried out at 30 ° C instead of 60 ° C. This saves energy and is gentle on clothing making them last longer.
Steam, don't spin
With ProSteam® technology there is no need to wash your delicate clothes, just freshen them up before wearing them again. Steaming is kind to garments, saves energy, and uses up to 96% less water. With the PlusSteam® option you can also add steaming to the end of your cycle, reducing wrinkles by up to a third. In addition, our washing machines enable the combination of eco and short wash programs, allowing you to save water and energy.
AutoDose: Precise Dosage, Precision Care
With AEG AutoDose, you never have to wonder how much washing detergent to use. AutoDose technology means the right amount of detergent and softener are added to washing cycles, maintaining your clothes’ appearance over time. The machine weighs your clothes in the drum and sets the perfect detergent amount for up to 20 washes, guaranting better care for your garments.
Expect more from your home
We make homes healthier and more sustainable through smart solutions for air and floors with that don't just aim to outperform your expectations, but also fit beautifully into your life. As much as we emphasize clean living, we don't compromise on aesthetics or sustainability
More clean, more green
Our Green vacuum cleaners contain recycled plastic between 50–75%. Our new powerful 8000 Series is made from 65% recycled plastic and recyclable anodized aluminium. The vacuum cleaner also has modular, repairable and replaceable components, which contributes to product life extension, upgradability and circularity.
Take a breath
Our energy efficient air cleaners are designed to continuously measure indoor air quality levels and intelligently respond to changes in your environment. Five stage filtration makes them brilliant air purifiers for dust, and their powerful system means that all corners of the room are reached, yet they're so quiet you'll barely even notice them hard at work.
Our sustainability framework
- Lead in energy and resources for efficient solutions.
- Offer circular solutions and business models.
- Eliminate harmful materials.
- Be climate neutral and drive clean, resource efficient operations.
- Act ethically, lead in diversity and respect human rights.
- Drive supply chain sustainability.
- Make sustainable eating the preferred choice.
- Make clothes last twice as long with half of the environmental impact.
- Make homes healthier and more sustainable through smart solutions for air, water and floors.
Better Solutions - Key Results 2020
- Our most energy and water efficient products accounted for 26% of total units sold and 36% of gross profit in 2020.
- We used 6,800 metric tons of recycled plastic in our products in 2020.
- Our Eco@web chemical management tool was rolled out in Asia-Pacific and Egypt.
Better Company - Key Results 2020
–70% absolute CO₂ emissions in our operations since 2015
79% of employees completed our anti-corruption training
74% of top direct material suppliers have committed to disclose their carbon emissions and set targets
Better Living - Key Results 2020
- 9,400 people engaged in Electrolux Food Foundation events to inspire sustainable food habits.
- Make it Last – Our first pan-regional campaign to inspire consumers to better care for their clothes and give them a longer life.
- The UN Cool Coalition approved our plan to replace all high impact greenhouse gases in our appliances by 2023 at the latest.
2010: ELECTROLUX AND THE "VAC FROM THE SEA" INITIATIVE
2010: ECO VACUUM CLEANER PRODUCT FAMILY
2013: WASHER-DRYER WITH HEAT PUMP TECHNOLOGY
2016: FIRST VACUUM CLEANER WITH "BLUE ANGEL" AWARD
2018: GOLD-STATUS FOR SUSTAINABILITY
2018: MOST SUSTAINABLE HOME APPLIANCE MANUFACTURER
2019: Red Dot Award for AutoDose Technology
- Recognized for sustainability leadership with a prestigious double “A” score in 2020
- Listed on the CDP climate A list for 5 years.
- Listed on the CDP water A list in 2020
- Named the most sustainable home appliance manufacturer in the world twelve years in a row (2018).
- Received the SAM Silver Class award in the 2020 (only top 5% of companies in each industry are recognised, total participants is 3,400)