Vanilla Chantilly- 500g Double/Heavy Cream- 3g Gelatin Powder + 18g Water- 100g Melted White Chocolate- ½ Fresh Vanilla Pod
Sweet Pastry- 100g Unsalted Butter, Cold- 75g Icing/Powdered Sugar- 65g Ground Almonds- 210g Plain Flour- 35g Whole Egg- Zest ½ Lemon
Almond Cream- 60g Soft Unsalted Butter- 60g Icing Sugar- Zest ½ Lemon- 1 Large Eggs- 60g Ground Almonds- 10g Plain Flour- Fresh Blueberries
Blueberry Compote- 250g Blueberries- 2 Tbsp Water- 1 Tsp Sugar- 2 Tsp Cornflour- Zest ½ Lemon
If you want - you can re-roll the scraps to make extra tart shells. Just increase the quantity of almond cream as this only fills 4 tarts.
1. Take a tray and lightly oil the back of it.
2. Cut a square of acetate and press this firmly onto the lightly oiled tray (use a scraper and press it against the tray, removing any air bubbles)
3. Next, take your tempered chocolate and pipe a dollop, about 1.5-2” in diameter onto a silicon mat.
4. Take the tray lined with acetate, and press it down onto the dollop of chocolate, then slowly lift it back up.
5. Keeping the tray perfectly horizontal, rest it on two tall items so that it can completely set - it should take anywhere from 30m - 1 hour at room temperature.
Note - You can either repeat this technique with a few trays, or simply pipe 4 dollops at once and create multiple spikes on one tray.
6. Once set, carefully peel the chocolate spike off of the acetate ready to add onto your tart.