Are plant-based proteins taking over? If you’re looking at social and searches, they most certainly are. More and more people are looking for healthy substitutes to meat without sacrificing flavor or texture.
Today’s meat substitute producers don’t just want to create meat alternatives, they want to replace meat. If you’re looking for a more natural approach, there are also new and exciting ways of extracting protein out of plants. Take jackfruit for example: Found in the fig family, it’s a perfect replacement for people loving pulled pork.
Every meal should be an experience. With that in mind we created the SteamPro oven. It has three cooking modes - heat, steam and a combination of both. In the combination mode it will calculate exactly the right combination of heat and steam automatically. Which means golden and crisp will be consistently achieved on the outside while food is always juicy and succulent on the inside.
Whether you’re roasting or grilling meats, baking bread, creating delicate desserts or using the SousVide feature which we provide to professional restaurants around the world- you can be confident your cooking will be elevated to another level.
1½ teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of yeast
50 ml of milk
1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
200 ml of water
525g of flour
1 tablespoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil for brushing
-Mix the yeast with sugar, milk, oil, and vinegar. Add water and flour, mix in the GourmetPro Blender for about 7 minutes.
- Let it rise for about 2 hours.
- Remove the dough and knead it on a floured surface.
- Plate and sprinkle baking soda.
- Knead again.
- Form the dough into a smooth roll and divide into 18 equal pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- Carefully roll each ball to be about 5 mm thick. Brush each with a little oil.
- Cut a sheet of baking paper into 18 pieces of equal size. Take each ball of dough and fold it over the cut paper, so it forms a semi-fold over the paper like a taco shell.
- Place on a steam tray covered with baking paper and cover with a towel. Allow to rise for about 1 hour.
- Place in the SteamPro oven on Full Steam for about 8 minutes.
Steamed and glazed (twice cooked) jackfruit
1 tablespoon finely grated garlic
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of Goujuang (Korean Chilipasta)
2 tablespoons of dark muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Set SteamPro oven for Full Steam at 90°C.
- Place cored jackfruit pieces on an oven tray and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil to a saucepan on low heat.
- Gently fry garlic and ginger in the saucepan.
- Add the remaining glaze ingredients, and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Set the SteamPro oven to 210°C on the True Fan Cooking program.
- Brush the steamed jackfruit pieces with the glaze and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Fill Bao with glazed jackfruit, sliced spring onion and shredded carrot.
MaxiSense Pure Hob
Imagine a glossy sheet of pure ebony glass that blends seamlessly with your worktop. Its cooking zones and touch controls are invisible until your fingertips bring them to life. The AEG MaxiSense Pure hob combines a sleek design with responsive functions, transforming your kitchen and turning cooking into a true pleasure.