Cookery School at Little Portland Street- Blini
Cookery School at Little Portland Street - Blini Recipe
With challenging the expected and creating a recipe which is not a christmas tradition the Cookery School at Little Portland Street have chosen Blini's as they are far simpler than expected to make and utterly delicious when topped with crème fraiche and smoked fish. They make the perfect festive nibble paired with fizz. The blini were made using an AEG Pure Induction Hob. The hob’s intuitive functions help to carefully manage the gentle heating process.
• 12ozs/375ml milk
• Pinch of sugar
• 4ozs/100ml of rapeseed oil
• ¼oz/6g fresh yeast
• 2 egg yolks
• 14ozs/350g buckwheat flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 egg whites
• Smoked fish
• Sour cream/smetana or yoghurt and chives
- Warm 12ozs/375ml milk.
- Into the milk add a pinch of sugar, 4ozs/100ml of rapeseed oil, ¼oz/6g fresh yeast and 2 egg yolks and mix all together well.
- Then add this wet mixture to 14ozs/350g buckwheat flour or strong white flour and ½ teaspoon salt that have been placed in a large bowl.
- Whisk gently to remove any lumps.
- Put in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume.
- Fold 2 egg whites into the risen dough just before using.
- Brush a hot griddle with melted butter.
- Cook the blini on both sides. They should be a little thicker than pancakes.
- Serve with smoked fish, sour cream/smetana or yoghurt and chives.
- Enjoy with your favourite sparkling wine!