A rich, grown-up pudding fit for the most sophisticated dinner party.
•300g white chocolate
•3 tbsp cherry brandy
•1 packet dark icing glaze (125g)
1. Melt the chocolate and separate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites stiff with a pinch of salt. Add the icing sugar and keep whisking until mixture becomes glossy.
2. Stir the yolks with vanilla sugar, sugar and soft butter to obtain a fluffy cream. Sieve the flour and cornflour, add it to the cream and mix this to create a biscuit mixture. Split this into two equal portions.
3. Stir half the mixture with melted dark chocolate. Fold the beaten egg white in equal portions into the two mixtures.
4. Line a flat baking sheet generously with parchment and spread the light dough evenly over it. Bake it on shelf level 2 on the 'Moist Fan Baking' programme at 160°C for 8 minutes.
5. Next, spread the dark dough on the baked dough and smooth it carefully. Bake it on the same settings for a further 12-13 minutes.
6. Use a knife to loosen any stuck edges and slide the cake onto a work surface. Cover it immediately with a hot tea towel to ensure that it cools slowly and stays soft.
7. Melt the white chocolate with the butter and stir in the cherry brandy. Spread this over the cake and roll it to create a roulade. Melt the glaze and coat the roulade with it, then store it in a cool place until you are ready to serve.
To serve Garnish with fresh cherries, juice and chopped nuts over vanilla cream.